This is a super easy, yummy recipe. My kids love it because it’s cheesy, and vegetarian (important for my big kid). I’m making a big batch for dinner this week, with plenty of leftovers!
It freezes well so you can make a bigger batch and have some for later.
Chipotle Black Bean Enchilada Casserole
- 1 bag MorningStar Farms® Chipotle Black Bean Crumbles (12 oz)
- 3 cups cheese, divided (I use Mexican blend)
- 1 large (28 oz) enchilada sauce (I like green)
- 16-19 corn tortillas, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 bag (12 oz-ish) fajita blend (that’s onions and peppers)
- spray release
- Spray a 9×11 baking dish with spray release.
- Layer torn tortillas, black bean crumbles, fajitas blend, tortillas, sauce, and cheese.
- Layer until pan is filled, top with cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes until bubbly.
- Remove foil and continue to bake for 10-15 minutes until the top is brown and bubbly.
Serve with sour cream, salsa, and diced black olives (optional, but a family favorite). I serve with a Mexican Caesar Salad, or Cilantro Lime Rice-a-Roni.
To make this dish vegan, use vegan cheese.
Mexican Cesar Salad
- 6-8 cups of your favorite lettuce/lettuce blend (romaine and bibb is great!)
- 2 tomatoes cubed/sliced
- ½ cup purple onion, cut into rings
- 1 small can corn, drained and rinsed
- ¼ c ranch dressing
- ½ c your favorite salsa
- Combine the salsa and ranch together, chill in fridge 6-8 hours before servings. This allows the flavors to blend.
- Toss the veggies in a chilled salad bowl with the dressing.
- Top with ¼ c crushed corn chips/tortilla chips for some added crunch!
Serve topped with grilled chicken breasts for an entree or without meat as a side dish. Serves 3 as an entree, serves 6 as a side dish.