Instead of re-posting this every month in 2023, I’ve decided to have one large master page with all the information.
With inflation continuing to rise, more of us are looking to outside sources to feed our families. These resources are available to everyone in San Diego, regardless of income level.
All Over San Diego County:
San Diego Food Bank Distribution locations and times can be found here. Enter your address (or just your zip code) and the map will show you all of the distributions in your area or closest to you. You can filter by the days of the week to find food when you are available. If there is an income requirement/limit to participate, each location/listing will say such. You can learn more here about the Feeding San Diego Together Tour.
Neighborhood distributions are intermixed with the San Diego Food Bank Distributions, however, they have no income requirements, and you come as you are. These Distributions are primarily fruits & veg, however, some locations may also distribute canned goods, dairy, and bread.
Central San Diego County:
The Cupboard on 54th. Located at Calvary Lutheran Church 3060 54th Street, San Diego, CA 92115. They are open 3 times a week (Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday 11:00AM-2:00PM. You can get dry goods one time per month and a produce bag is available each day they are open (for a total of three times a week).
This is located at the same location as a free clothing closet. They have clothes for men women and children, as well as shoes and accessories.
Christ Ministry Center 3295 Meade Ave San Diego, CA 92116 has a food bank three days a week. Hours: Mondays 1-3pm, Wednesdays 10am-Noon and 1-3pm, Fridays 10am-Noon and 1-3pm. Park in the rear lot and look for the Good Neighbor Center Food Bank sign. They also have other services for those in need. Check out their website for more information.
The Rock Church, which has many locations all over San Diego County has a food and diaper pantry distribution at many of its locations throughout the month. More info can be found here.
North San Diego County:
If you live in Escondido or Oceanside, check out the Interfaith Community Services Website for information on food.
- The Community Resource Center has Bread distribution and other food distributions several times a week. More information can be found here.
- North County’s Food Bank 1175 Melrose Way, Vista, CA, 92081 (760) 761-1140 The Emergency Food for Individuals program is direct food assistance available to needy individuals. Program is available every first, third and fifth Monday of the month.
- Food Distribution at Lamb of God Food Bank 1120 Highland Dr, Vista, CA 92083 (760) 458-4655 every Tuesday and Thursdays, 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm
In San Marcos:
- Summit Church 292 E. Barham Dr., San Marcos, CA 92078 760.471.6267 or email@example.comArrive: 11:00 am, food distribution: 12:00 p – 1:00 pmSummit hosts a farmers market-style free food outreach 2x per month!
Every 2nd & 4th Tuesday of every month, they give 25 lbs of food to anyone in need in the front parking lot. Everyone is welcome; there are no requirements!
- Ramona Food and Clothes Closet Each 3rd Friday of the month, a truck will bring perishable food items like produce to the store for distribution. You do not need to qualify for this program. Patrons are asked to line up before 9:00 AM in an orderly fashion and wait their turn. Each person will receive approximately 20-25 pounds of food per family. It is a first-come, first-serve basis. You will need to bring your own bags or rolling carts.
East San Diego County:
Journey Church in La Mesa has a food bank that distributes food three times per month.
- 1st Thursday of the month at 6:30 pm
- 2nd Friday of the month – produce only – at 9 am
- 3rd Saturday of the month from 8:30 am
Faith Chapel in Spring Valley has a great event once a month called Meet the Need. It is on the 1st Sunday of each month.
There is a free lunch starting at 1pm with some fellowship (a great way to meet your neighbors), followed by shopping in their boutique for free clothing and household items, and you will go home with a bag (or two) of free, healthy groceries.
You can learn more by visiting or contacting Faith Chapel here. Pastor Josiah and his crew are wonderful people!
For residents of the City of Santee, the Santee Food Bank is available to you once a month. Proof of Santee Residency (like a utility bill) is required, and ID for everyone in the household (ID cards, drivers licenses, school ids, health insurance cards). The Santee Food Bank is open for regular distributions 9 a.m. – 11 a.m. every Wednesday and Friday, as well as the first and third Saturday of each month.
If you are located outside San Diego County, call 211. If you are not familiar with 211, here is their website and it can point you in the right direction.