In my 12+ years as a blogger, I have reviewed a fair number of meal kits on the market. With the seemingly never-ending quarantine and the new normal being social distancing, something different is now more appreciated than ever.
I love trying out meal kits, they are a great way to try new recipes with new ingredients that I may not already have on hand. Here are a few of the meal kits that I’ve tried, links to reviews, and any deals or coupon codes I could find.
My number one local Meal Plan company is Dream Dinners (a review can be found here). There are locations all over the US, and my go-to location in La Mesa.
If you’ve never checked out Dream Dinners, Check out this great deal!
- Chef-created, family-friendly recipes are prepped in our local assembly kitchens.
- Ready-to-cook frozen dinners leave you prepared for dinner.
- Easy to follow instructions making both cooking and clean up simple and stress-free.
- 20 years of experience.
Overall, my favorite mail order/delivery meal kit company is Dinnerly.
They have a nice mix of kid-friendly dishes and stuff that is decidedly more “grown-up food”. I wrote a review here. In addition to having a nice mix of dishes to choose from, the other thing I like is that Dinnerly is the first subscription meal kit service to offer $4.49 per serving. My big qualm with meal kits is that the meals can sometimes be upwards of $8-$10/per serving. At that point, you might as well go out for dinner!
Freshly is the next up on our highly received Meal companies. I reviewed Freshly in 2016, and it’s a little different that most of the other meal companies in that all of the food comes already cooked. All you do is heat and eat.
The portions are big, so if you wanted to stretch them, all you would need is an additional side, like a green salad.
Right now when you use Promo Code: LAUNCH15 you will save $60.00 on your first 4 orders($15 per order).
Gobble has a really great deal. Choose your meals and receive Gobble box for $36 for 6 meals. I recently ordered this, so we’ll see how it turns out! Here is why I decided to try it:
- Choose your meals from our diverse weekly menu. Gluten-free, dairy-free, low-carb, & vegetarian options are available.
- Their team of chefs does all the tedious prep work for you — no more chopping, measuring, or sink full of dishes
- Your freshly made 15-minute dinner kits will arrive in a refrigerated box to your doorstep. No commitment. Adjustable to your schedule.
Talk Back: I’d love to hear about Meal Kits that you have tried and which ones have worked for you and your family!