We’ve been participating in Tryazon events for three+ years. We’ve gotten to try all sorts of fun toys, games, and food. You can learn more about Tryazon here.
Bring the sweet to life’s chaos, with this Tryazon Featured Party opportunity, from Sweet Chaos. Featuring delicious fall flavors like Vanilla Chai, Pumpkin Spice, and Candy Corn, Sweet Chaos is the perfect mix of your favorite sweet & salty snacks and a delightful break in your day. Just pour a popcorn bowl of your favorite fall flavor, take a breath, then a bite, and remember to enjoy the chaos!
Tryazon and Sweet Chaos has
100 hosting spots open for this opportunity! Those selected get to receive a party pack with a variety of Sweet Chaos popcorn and other extras to share with friends and family! Learn more and apply here
This recipe has been fine-tuned and constantly evolving for a while. It originally started as a copycat of the Greek Chicken restaurant near me. This chicken is now a million times better.
Lemon Herb Chicken
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken (I use breasts or thighs)
- 2 lemons
- 2 medium onions, chopped (I like sweet onions)
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 Tablespoons Oil of your choice (I like olive or avocado)
- 2 Tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 Tablespoons dried rosemary
- 1 Tablespoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
Prepare the marinade:
- Pat chicken dry and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl juice the lemons, set the lemons aside.
- Add remaining ingredients and whisk together.
- Chop up juiced lemons, add to marinade.
- In a large ziploc bag, pour marinade and add chicken.
- Allow chicken to marinate for at minimum 2 hours- I usually let it marinate overnight.
Cooking the chicken:
- In a large skillet, heat 1 T. oil or spray pan with spray release.
- Cook chicken on each side until brown and internal temp is at minimum 165.
This chicken is also great grilled! I love serving this chicken with a crisp cool green salad, hummus, and pita.
I’ve got two picky eaters. The big kid has a lot of food aversions (textures, tastes/flavors), which is pretty common for people on the spectrum. The little kid will try new foods with greater frequency, but she loves noodles with butter.
We’ve tried so many different brands of pasta, trying to find something that tastes great and has good nutrition. a lot of veggie-based pasta gets weird and gummy when cooked, so has a weird flavor, and then there’s the “zero pasta” which is stinky even after you spend twenty minutes rinsing it.
Enter ZenB Pasta! Made from 100% yellow peas, including the skins. It comes in a variety of pasta varieties: Penne, Elbows, Rotini, Spaghetti, and Agile.
It’s an amazing source of protein and fiber. It’s gluten-free and vegan!
Both kids tried ZenB over the weekend and loved it. They both asked for seconds, which is unheard of. I love that it’s a great source of protein- it’s hard to get protein into kiddo sometimes.
If you want to check it out, The ZenB website currently has a free shipping offer, when you shop here.
And if you are looking for some new sauces, ZENB has the hook-up! ZENB Gourmet Pasta Sauce, made from WHOLE vegetables, for a rich depth of flavor.
Friends- I’ve been working on this post for a few days. I’m not feeling especially summery today (and wasn’t yesterday afternoon either), but I’m hoping to distract you over the weekend, so on Monday we can come together and help our friends and family who will need us in the coming months. I’m spending the afternoon crunching on Sonic ice cubes!
It’s summer, and that means for most parents keeping the kids entertained (or letting them get bored), constantly filling the snack box/drawer, and looking for ways to make sure everyone makes it through the 12 weeks of Summer “vacation” without injury. I use vacation in quotes because it’s not a fun, leisure-filled 12 weeks. Most of us have to work, in addition to balancing all of… this.
BUT- That doesn’t mean that parents can’t have fun or enjoy their time in the summer sun. Here are a few things that I have recently come to love:
Sonic Ice Cubes. They are the little pebble ice cubes. If you don’t have a Sonic near you, or if you are looking for a way to make the perfect Sonic type ice at home, look for a Nugget or Pebble ice maker or ice tray. Walmart has a table top nugget ice maker here.
Electrolyte drinks. Not Gatorade, something better. I know a lot of people like Liquid IV, but this frugal lady likes Hydramate from Dollar Tree and Key Nutrients Lemonade flavor from Amazon. These newer electroylte drinks also have vitamins and other key nutrients that we can sometimes miss out on.
I made a list on Amazon of some of my other favorite things this summer:
- Good SPF- Gotta take care of your skin. You only get one body!
- Speaking of SPF, a Long sleeve 1/2 zip swim shirt. They are amazing.
- Reusable cups with lids – I like the color changing cups.
- Yoga strap for stretching- especially good after a long day behind the week (or a long day sitting on the floor building legos).
- After Sun lotion- even if you wear a good SPF, the sun and the sea/pool water can dehydrate your skin.
- Compression socks- seriously. We walk a lot in the summer, and wearing compression socks has really helped my feet and legs from getting so heavy and tired.
- These sweet kicks from New Balance. They are my go to shoe for a day full of walking.
- Beach Towels– JCPenney has a great selection and they are on sale!
- Cuticle oil. The summer sun is rough on your hands, especially your cuticles. Give them some love.
- Bermuda Shorts. I’m pale, I’m plus size, and I am not a fan of short shorts. Bermuda shorts cover all of my pale parts. And they make me happy because htey have decent sized pockets.
- Character popsicles. There are a couiple places in San Diego where you can buy the popsicles that the ice cream man sells in bulk or at a discount. California Ice Cream and Candy in Lakeside (that’s near my house), and Circus Man Ice Cream in National City. The kids and I hit up our local store each week and drop $20 on Spongebob, TMNT, Tweety Bird, and other popsicles. That’s about 13 or so, and that lasts us about a week! I personally love the Powerpuff Girl ones, they are orange and cherry flavored.
Talk Back: What are your favorite summer essentials?
Hey dads! Do you like donuts? If you nodded your head or screamed out, “HELL YES!” This awesome deal is for you!
If you’ve read my past Birthday Freebie posts (the 2022 one can be found here), you’ve seen that I’ve posted birthday freebies from Birthday Club Hub, which works with businesses in eight states to disseminate birthday freebies and other freebies throughout the year to club members (BTW- it’s free to join).
Mary’s Donuts is part of the Birthday Club Hub, and they send out a free offer for moms.
Score 2 free regular donuts on June 19, 2022 at either their Santee or Lakeside Location. Simply show the email to the cashier/friendly donut seller- and don’t forget your kiddos!
Thanks to the Padres, we all can score a free taco today at Rubio’s! Any time the Pad’s steal a base at a home game, we win! Valid for 1 a la carte taco with any purchase. Limit 1 per person/account. Valid in the following counties: San Diego, Orange, Los Angeles, and the Inland Empire. Check with your local Rubio’s to verify participation.
Not valid on 3rd party apps. When ordering through the Rubio’s App, use coupon code: GOPADRES
What kind of taco are you getting?
Today is National Donut Day! Did you know there are two donut days?
Ok, so first let’s find out why there are two National Donut Days... Thanks Mental Floss.
Now that we’ve figured out that mystery, it’s onto the free donuts….
There aren’t a lot of free donut deals here in California, but there are some BOGO offers.
And more: National Donut Day Freebies & Deals RoundUp Today June 3rd!
Moms, are you getting out tomorrow and looking for a fun freebie?
Wienerschnitzel is hooking us up. Tomorrow, May 8, 2022 head over to Wienerschnitzel and score a free chili dog, free small fries, and free soda.
Proof of motherhood required (Bring your kids, show them a picture, or just mention the MOMLIFE mother’s day deal).
Happy Earth Day Y’all! Penzeys is celebrating with a screaming deal on their Earth Day Gift Box.
This deal is available both in stores or online at penzeys.com, no coupons or codes are needed for the regularly $24.95 Heal the World gift box. This is a great gift box filled with some of the best goodness our Earth has to offer.
The Heal the World Gift Box includes 1/4 cup jar each of Pie Spice, Granulated Garlic, Smoked Spanish-style Paprika, and Northwoods Seasoning. Also includes a Heal the World Magnet and Heal the World sticker.
You can order online and pick it up in-store, if you have a local Penzeys location. In San Diego, there is one in Hillcrest.
This salad is courtesy of my Aunt Cindy. I don’t remember when or where this salad originally came from, but she introduced it into our lives in my youth.
If you don’t like Spinach, you will love this salad.
Cindy’s Spinach Salad
- 1 bag triple-washed spinach (approx 10 ounces)
- 1 small can of mandarin oranges (drained and rinsed)- Or you can use 2 fresh peeled mandarin oranges
- 1/2 cup French Fried Onions
- 1/4-1/2 cup Italian Salad Dressing
- In a large chilled bowl, combine all ingredients and serve straightaway.
This serves 2 as a main, or 4 as a side dish. This recipe is naturally vegan.
This is also great as a main dish topped with 4-6 ounces of your favorite grilled protein (I like chicken breast).