Disclaimer: I received this product for free from Moms Meet (momsmeet.com) to use and post my honest opinions. Compensation for this post was provided and this page may contain affiliate links. For more information about the use of affiliate links and partnerships, visit my disclosure page.
Yesterday we had an amazing dinner! We’re still without a full-size fridge, so we’re without meat or a lot of our usual ingredients, thankfully Barilla Creamy Genovese Pesto to the rescue! I paired the pesto with farfalle (bowtie pasta), and roasted veggies. It was tasting, filling, and a great way to get veggies into your kiddos.
I wrote down the recipe to share with you. The Barilla Creamy Genovese Pesto sauce is so rich and creamy and pairs really well with the veggies I chose.
Roasted Veggies and Farfalle with Creamy Pesto
- 1 6.2 oz jar of Barilla Creamy Genovese Pesto
- 1 box of pasta (I used Barilla Farfalle)
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into pieces
- 1/2 sweet onion, cut into pieces
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper, deseeded, and cut into slices
- 1 zucchini, cut into coins
- 2 T. olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- parmesan to taste
- Roast Veggies (complete directions can be found here)
- While veggies are roasting, bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Cook pasta per box directions.
- Reserve 3 T. of pasta water when draining cooked pasta.
- Mix a jar of Barilla Creamy Genovese Pesto into the cooked pasta.
- Add roasted veggies to the pasta/sauce mixture. Stir to combine.
- Serve with a little extra parmesan cheese, as needed.
This is a great, easy dish that’s perfect for meat-free nights. This Barilla Creamy Genovese Pesto is so versitile. In addition to using on pasta, it makes a great veggie dip (I might be guilty of dipping some of the raw veggies into the jar while I was cooking), a sandwich spread (in place of mayo or mustard), or for marinating meat. Barilla Creamy Genovese Pesto does not need to be heated prior to eating, and it’s shelf-stable prior to opening. You can find it in the store near the jarred pasta sauces. I found it at Target, but you can also find it on Amazon.
Giveaway: I want to share Barilla Creamy Genovese Pesto with you! I’ve got 2 coupons each for one free jar (up to $3.99) of Barilla Pesto (expiration 12/31/2021). I will choose 2 winners on 10/8/2021 and notify them via email.
Entering is easy: Leave a comment on this blog post with how you would use Barilla Creamy Genovese Pesto!