I’ve had a Upromise account for 15+ years. It’s a great way to earn and save money for college. I used my earnings/savings to pay for my college textbooks and parking pass when I finished my AA’s a few years ago.
The Upromise savings tools and automatic transfers let you set goals and transfer your earned rewards into college savings plans.
Receive a $5.29 bonus when you sign up for a free Upromise account.
Receive a $30 Welcome Bonus when linked to a 529 account. A 529 plan is a tax-advantaged savings plan designed to encourage saving for future education costs.
Upromise® Mastercard® – Cardmembers earn 1.529% cash back rewards on purchases when their Upromise Program account is linked to an eligible College Savings Plan, or 1.25% cash back rewards on purchases if their Upromise Program account is not linked. Apply today at upromisemastercard.com
There are a lot of ways to earn money with Upromise: Shop online through their portal or add their Chrome Shopping extension to earn extra money. Upromise also has a Dining program, where you can earn cash back for dining at specific restaurants and paying with linked cards.
This Recipe is easy and tasty.
- 1 t. avocado oil
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 ribs of celery, diced
- 2 carrots peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced.
- 1 lb. cooked chicken, cut into bite size pieces (leftover rotisserie chicken is great for this)
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 1 can diced tomatoes (about 14.5 ounces)
- 1 can pinto beans, rinsed and drained (about 14.5 ounces)
- 1 packet fajitas seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 c. uncooked rice
Toppings: Crispy Jalepenos, cheddar cheese, avocado
- In a large stockpot, saute onions in oil until translucent.
- Add garlic, stirring often. Cook until fragrant (about 5 minutes).
- Add in peppers, celery, carrots, and can of tomatoes. Cook over medium until celery is tender (about 10 minutes).
- Add remaining ingredients and cook over low, stirring occasionally for 30-45 minutes, or until rice is cooked.
This recipes serves 8-10. It freezes well.
- This can be made with beef instead using cooked chopped beef and beef stock in place of chicken.
- Or make it vegetarian omitting meat and substituting veggie stock.
- If you have an abundance of fresh tomatoes, substitute 5 tomatoes (peeled and chopped) in place of the can of tomatoes.