This Recipe is easy and tasty.
- 1 t. avocado oil
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 ribs of celery, diced
- 2 carrots peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced.
- 1 lb. cooked chicken, cut into bite size pieces (leftover rotisserie chicken is great for this)
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 1 can diced tomatoes (about 14.5 ounces)
- 1 can pinto beans, rinsed and drained (about 14.5 ounces)
- 1 packet fajitas seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 c. uncooked rice
Toppings: Crispy Jalepenos, cheddar cheese, avocado
- In a large stockpot, saute onions in oil until translucent.
- Add garlic, stirring often. Cook until fragrant (about 5 minutes).
- Add in peppers, celery, carrots, and can of tomatoes. Cook over medium until celery is tender (about 10 minutes).
- Add remaining ingredients and cook over low, stirring occasionally for 30-45 minutes, or until rice is cooked.
This recipes serves 8-10. It freezes well.
- This can be made with beef instead using cooked chopped beef and beef stock in place of chicken.
- Or make it vegetarian omitting meat and substituting veggie stock.
- If you have an abundance of fresh tomatoes, substitute 5 tomatoes (peeled and chopped) in place of the can of tomatoes.