This is a recipe I recently made. I wanted chipotle chicken but with veggies and sauce.
I looked online for a recipe, however, there was nothing that fit the bill. I headed to the kitchen and started cooking.
This meal turned out AMAZING.
Chipotle Chicken Thighs
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Chipotle sauce from a small tin of adobo pepper in chipotle sauce
- 1 cup salsa
- 3T. Hot honey
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 large bell peppers or 3 medium bell peppers, cleaned and sliced into bite-sized pieces
- Dash cumin
- Dash salt and pepper
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2T. Corn starch
- 1/3 cup water
- In a crockpot, combine all ingredients but corn starch and water.
- Cook on low for 5 hours, or high for 3 hours.
- Strain sauce into a saucepan, and heat over medium until boiling. While sauce is heating, mix water and corn starch and slowly pour into boiling sauce. Stir until thickened, add back into meat and veggies.
Serve with rice, beans, and tortillas.
If you want extra smokiness, chop 1-2 chipotle peppers and add to the sauce while it thickens on the stovetop.
This freezes well as well- If you have leftovers.