This is a super easy recipe that my mom has been making for 25+ years. She got the idea from a recipe in a cooking magazine that started with a bag of frozen veggies that was thawed.
She subbed out the frozen veggies for fresh ones, added some cubed cheese, and tortellini salad became a family hit! It is great for picnics, potlucks, and family parties. It’s a staple at our July 4th party!
- 1 package cheese tortellini, cooked per package directions, drained, and rinsed.
- 1 cup of your favorite Italian Salad Dressing
- 1 cup cubed mozzarella cheese
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained. and chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 small package pepperoni (or salami- your choiceof), cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 small can sliced black olives, drained
- In a large bowl combine the cooked and cooled tortellini, cheese, veggies, meat, and salad dressing.
- Store in the fridge covered for at least overnight before serving it. Add additional dressing as needed (sometimes the tortellini soaks up a little bit of dressing).
- As a side dish, it serves 6-8, and as a main dish 3-4.
- If you are vegan, sub out vegan tortellini and vegan cheese.
- If you are Gluten Free, sub out GF tortellini.
If you like tomatoes, it’s also great with about 1 cup of cherry/grape tomatoes (I slice them in half).