Mother’s Day is around the corner and if your mom is like mine, the gift of fresh fruit and veggies (and a bouquet of flowers) is the perfect way to say I love you!
Yasukochi Family Farms has two great options this Mother’s Day:
a 1-month (4 weeks) subscription of regular boxes of farm fresh fruits and veggies with 1 small bouquet of flowers (1st week only) for $108
A 1-month (4 weeks) subscription of jumbo boxes of farm fresh fruits and veggies with 1 small bouquet of flowers (1st week only) for $130.
The first delivery will occur between 5/8-5/12 (depending on which day your mom’s area receives deliveries). To order or learn more, click here.
I love the shirts from Cents of Style! I am super excited that today’s weekly sale is some incredible Warrior Women shirts. While these shirts are in ladies’ sizes S-3XL, a lot of these shirts are great for anyone!
They sent me this shirt with a quote attributed to Joan of Arc: “I am not afraid. I was born to do this.”
Right now, we are all warriors, fighting for ourselves, our families, our health. In the past 6 weeks, our lives have all changed so drastically. We have all had to step up in various ways. I am proud of all of you. I see so many friends and family members struggling, and I am proud of what you do every day: Going to work as essential employees, taking care of family and friends, supporting and lifting up others in need.
Here is my other favorite shirt:
If you want to express your inner warrior, Cents of Style is having a sale on these shirts right now:
Take $9.95 Off + FREE Shipping w/code: IAMSTRONG
This sale is going on through 4/30/2020.
I will be picking up a couple of these shirts for friends and family members during this sale. If you want to see how the shirt fits on me, check out my Instagram feed here. I took a few pre-coffee pics with Little Bit this morning. For reference, I ordered a size 3xl because I like my shirts loose/baggy. Let’s face it, I am not an Instagram model, but I am digging this shirt.
Talk Back: I would love to hear about how you are a warrior through these crazy times.
With the second small friend on the way, as well as many friends having kids, I’ve been whipping up batches of lactation cookies like whoah. A batch of these cookies makes a great gift!
The key ingredients to these cookies are Flax, Brewer’s Yeast, and Oatmeal. Brewer’s Yeast and Oatmeal are galactagogues, meaning they promote lactation. Flax contains Omega-3’s, which are needed for brain function and development and can be passed through breast milk. You need all three of these ingredients.
Don’t Worry: If your spouse or relatives eat these cookies, they won’t start lactating!! Galactagogues only stimulate milk production in those already lactating!
This Recipe makes A LOT of cookies (4-5 dozen). I freeze them, and thaw them 3-4 cookies at a time. 4-5 dozen cookies will last a new mom a few weeks.
Unlike my other recipes, there are no substitutions or work arounds. Each one of these ingredients is needed. This recipe cannot be made nut/seed free, or vegan.
Mother’s Milk Lactation Cookies
- 2 c. flour
- 2 c. oats (Old fashioned is preferred, but Quick cook works as well. DO NOT USE STEEL CUT OATS!)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 c. Nut butter of your choice (I’ve used both Almond and Peanut- If you have nut allergies, try Sun Butter)
- 1/4 c. brewer’s yeast (You can buy it at Sprouts or Whole Foods)
- 1 stick butter, softened (1/2 c)
- 1 c brown sugar, packed
- 1 c white sugar
- 1 T vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1 c. ground flax seeds(You can get them in the bulk food section at Sprouts or Whole Foods)
- 1 1/3 c. warm water (you may need a little more, depending on how dry the weather is)
- 1 bag chocolate chips
- Dash of salt
Optional: Nuts, dried fruit in place of the chocolate chips
- In a medium sized bowl, mix the flour, oats, soda and baking powder. Set Aside.
- in a small bowl, mix the flax and water. Set aside. The mixture will be kind of gooey- almost the consistency of a raw egg.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, nut butter, yeast, vanilla, and sugar.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mix until combined.
- Add the flax/water mixture.
- Add the dry mixture, and mix until combined.
- Add the chips, dried fruit or nuts.
- Scoop by the spoonful onto a greased cookie sheet or into greased mini-muffin pans.
- Bake at 350 for 8-12 minutes.