This salad is dead simple. And delicious. And I could probably eat it every day for the rest of my life. I had one last night, and this morning for breakfast.
YES- breakfast salad is a thing.
Let’s get this out of the way: This salad is vegetarian, but it is not vegan. To my knowledge, there is no goat cheese vegan substitute.
The Best Salad Ever
- 8 cups of greens (I like Romaine, arugula, endive, radicchio, and a fistful of spinach)
- 1 cup strawberries, de-stemmed and sliced
- 1 English cucumber, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 Granny Smith Apple, cut into bite-size pieces (leave the skin on)
- 1/4 c candied pecans, roughly chopped
- 4-ounces of goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/8 cup balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- Toss all ingredients in a large chilled salad bowl- serve ASAP.
This recipe serves 4-6 as a side dish or 2-3 as a main dish. None of these ingredients are hard to find- I picked everything up at Target (I ordered on the app of course, and I did drive up pick up with the kids after school!).
It is really tasty with grilled chicken breast on top.