This recipe is dead simple and so tasty! The best part is you can use any kind of Dinner sausage you want. We used Italian Sausages (made with pork), but you can use whatever you like (including veggie sausages if you are meatless).
You can use fresh or frozen peppers and onions (Yes, you can buy frozen peppers and onions at the store- They are often branded as “Fajita Mix”), it’s really up to you.
And you can load your yumminess onto a hoagie roll, top with cheese and chow down, or top a bed of pasta or Zoodles- It’s really up to you.
The best part is this recipe makes a lot, so there are always leftovers!
Sausage and Peppers Makes 6-8 servings
- 1 Package Dinner Sausages (Italian or your choice)
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 2 bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 can of tomato paste
- 1 small can tomato sauce
- 1 20-ish ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 2 T Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- In your slow cooker, combine all the ingredients.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Turn up to high, remove the lid and cook for 30-45 minutes.
- Serve on a roll/bun, on pasta or zoodles.
- OPTIONAL- Top each serving with cheese.