Recently, a friend asked me for some non-soda uses for her Soda Stream machine. Since I use ours at least 2 times a week to whip up liter bottles of fizzy water, I figured I’d share some of my concoctions!
This is the Soda Stream Machine we have.
- Fill a fancy pitcher with 2-3 cups of chilled, sliced fruit. I like Apples, oranges, lemons, Kiwi, and berries (not necessarily all together). Pour 1 liter of chilled carbonated water from the Soda Stream. It makes the best fruity fizzy water!
- Try Torani Syrups in place of Soda Stream syrup. It comes in tons of flavors, in both regular and sugar free, including fun fruit flavors!
- Instead of adding syrup, why not try ice cubes made of fruit juice? Fill an ice cube tray with orange juice, pomegranate juice, or whatever you have on hand. Add ice cubes to your carbonated Soda Stream water and enjoy!
- If you are looking for a different taste, try the powdered beverage mixes in your carbonated Soda Stream water. Mix slowly, and carefully, since some of the powders may cause the water to get a little extra fizzy. I like Crystal Light sticks, Snapple Sticks, and a few store brands that come in cranberry and cran-pear.
- Mio or other concentrated liquid beverage mixes are also great in your your carbonated Soda Stream water, and since you control how little or how much you add, your drink can be different each time!
- If you are looking to jazz up your beverages, try an Italian Cream Soda. It’s a pretty easy recipe:
Italian Cream Soda
- 1 ounce syrup,
- carbonated Soda Stream water (8-12 oz, depending on your glass size),
- 1 ounce cream,
- whipped cream (optional, but everyone loves whipped cream).
- Scoop ice into glass
- Pour your carbonated Soda Stream water over the ice cubes
- Pour 1 ounce syrup over the ice and water. Stir with a stir stick.
- Pour 1 ounce of cream over the top- Do not stir.
- Top with whipped cream, if desired.
How do you use your Soda Stream Machine?