This year, I wanted to add a few new weekly posts in. I already have Meal Plan Monday, and I try and post freebies on Fridays. This year, I’ll be adding in Why I Love… on Tuesdays. Each post will have a Talk Back question. I’d love to hear from you to help make my blog more about what you want to learn about and be a part of.
I’ll be sharing products, services, books, whatever I am into at the time. Starting off, I’ll be sharing my love of… The YMCA.
We joined our local YMCA two years ago when Bitty Bird was about 6 months old. What drew me to our local Y was all of the incredible options it held:
- Child care for 2 hours a day while I exercised, took classes, swam, or just went and took a shower. There is child watch for kids 5 and under, and kids club for bigger kids. Each area has toys, games, and books, as well as a staff that interacts and plays games with the kids. When the weather is nice, the bigger kids go outside to play field games. When it’s cold or wet outside (or crazy hot- come on, this is a desert), the kids get to go into the gymnasium and play games, do obstacle courses. Both kids love to go. I try to go at least 5 times a week.
- Great fitness classes included in our membership fee.
- A great pool with an area just for kids.
- Our membership includes access to all of the YMCA locations in San Diego, and access to YMCA locations across the country if we go on vacation.
- Guest passes to bring friends.
- Free classes and events for kids and the family (Our local Y does a free movie night once a month or so).
- Free local community days- Usually on holidays, our local Y offers the community free access. It’s a great way to bring friends and neighbors to see what the Y is all about.
- Free guest passes- I can bring friends whenever I want!
- Low cost personal training and speciality classes. They offer personal training, TRX, and other specialty classes for a low rate. It’s a great way to get a “boost” to my fitness goals and stay on budget. There are also classes for kids: Gymnastics, karate, tumbling, art-pretty much anything they could want!
- Scholarships and discounts. If you have an EBT card, receive WIC, SSI, or other social services, or you are active duty or retired military, you can qualify for a scholarship (a discount on your monthly dues), or a military discount.
Right now, most YMCA locations are offering deals for the new year.
Join the Y anytime in January and get up to $50 towards any program of your choice! From personal training & swim lessons to summer camps, at the YMCA, there is something for everyone!
For more information and details, contact your local YMCA.
And if you join a San Diego area YMCA, please give my name as a referral: Abby Hewes. I can earn discounts or a free month for referring new members (and once you are a member, you can too!).
I can’t wait to share more about what’s going on in our lives and what we are into.
Talk Back: If you are a member of the YMCA, what is your favorite part?