This is a family recipe that’s been around for years. Moosie was a friend of my great-grandmother who lived up in Chicago.
This pot roast recipe is what Moosie served when they had company from out of town. It’s easy enough to make for your family any night of the week. The leftovers (if you have any) make a great open faced sandwich.
Moosie’s Pot Roast
- 1 2-3 lb. pot roast, your favorite cut (I like Chuck Roast)
- 1 can reduced sodium cream of mushroom soup
- 1 envelope powdered onion soup mix (I like Lipton’s)
- Brown the pot roast, place it in the crock pot.
- In a small bowl, mix the soups, and pour over the roast.
- Place cover on crock pot and cock on low for 6-8 hours.
- Before serving, shred the roast with a fork.
- If you would like creamier gravy, add 4-6 tablespoons of low fat sour cream 20-30 minutes before serving.
Serves about 6-8. Serve with mashed potatoes or broccoli.
You can also place 1 whole onion, sliced in the bottom of the crock pot, then the roast, and then poured the gravy sauce overall of it.
One thought on “Crockpot Recipe: Moosie’s Pot Roast!”
Comments are closed.