Have you noticed that your children has been upset, anxious, depressed, or otherwise stressed? Check out this webinar offered by Sharp Health for free. It takes place on 9/30/2021 at 12pm.
Unprecedented changes in routine due to the pandemic — mixed with constant stress from social media and the news — has made the life of adolescents and teens more complex than ever.
Join Sharp Mesa Vista’s Child and Adolescent Program for a free webinar on how parents, teachers and school counselors can better identify and address signs that a child or teen may be struggling with significant mental distress, including anxiety, depression and even suicidal thoughts.
During this webinar, you will learn more about:
- Recent statistics on anxiety and depression in youth
- Implications of the pandemic on anxiety and depression
- Typical developmental changes in children and teens and warning signs of significant anxiety and depression
- Awareness of suicidal thoughts and risks and responding to a crisis
- How to talk to children and teens about what they are going through
- General support for a child with anxiety and/or depressive symptoms
- Knowing when and how to seek support
To learn more, or sign up, click here.
My sister-in-law is about to have her first baby. Some months ago, we loaned her husband, my brother-in-law a copy of The Expectant Father. While he was reading the book, he discovered that we had left a set of our oldest’s ultrasounds in the pages of the book.
She texted me a few days ago to let me know that they were mailing them back. I received the ultrasounds today, and it really took me back to when I was pregnant with my oldest. I had no idea what I was in for. He was unexpected, and so neither myself nor my spouse knew what to expect beyond what modern media tells us (and what I’d experienced babysitting family and neighbors growing up). Reading the books we had purchased blindly at the bookstore (so many books on being pregnant and birth are available!) were helpful, but learning about what we needed to know first hand from professionals would have been so much better. I wish I had known about Planning for Pregnancy Events from Sharp.
Coming up July 23-26 at 5 different Sharp locations throughout San Diego County is a free Planning for Pregnancy event where you’ll meet doctors including a Sharp-affiliated reproductive endocrinologist, OBGYN and other experts.
In addition to getting your questions answered about pregnancy and preparing for pregnancy, you will learn more about:
- Preparing your body for pregnancy, including diet, birth control and what to avoid
- Having a baby later in life
- Choosing an OBGYN and pediatrician
- Reproductive planning
- Determining your natural fertility schedule and optimizing your ability to get pregnant
- Fertility challenges and treatments, including how common conditions — such as endometriosis and fibroids can impact pregnancy
- Support groups and classes at Sharp HealthCare. We used a lot of these support groups after our oldest was born. I had a lot of challenges with breastfeeding and PPD.
What I really like about these classes besides that they are free and open to ANYONE, regardless of which insurance company you have, is that doctors and specialists are there to help you on your journey to parenthood. Wherever you are in your journey, even if you’ve just gotten married or are thinking about kids someday in the future, this class at Sharp can help you.
I’ve taken a lot of classes at Sharp- all of which were free, and easy to sign up for. If this Planning for Pregnancy Event sounds like something you are interested in, you can learn more, and RSVP here.
This post was sponsored by Sharp, however all opinions are my own. You can read my disclosure policy here.