99 Cents Only is hooking us up with tasty berries treats this January! For the entire month of January, all blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries are only 99¢ at the 99!
99 Cents Only makes eating healthy a breeze! Name brand produce, and so many other healthy foods (I love that they have both dairy and non-dairy milks, cheese, and yogurt), that’s why it’s the first stop on my weekly shopping trip!
Wanna know what else is a great buy at 99 Cents Only? Here is my Top Ten List!
Talk Back: What is your favorite thing to buy at 99 Cents Only?
I was thinking of a way to use the berries we have on hand, and this recipe came to mind!
My friend Ana brought Berries Romanoff over for dessert the last time we had a potluck, and it’s now become a staple in our house. This is a variation on the original recipe, which calls for orange zest and Grand Marnier liqueur. This version is much more kid-friendly.
This is a quick, easy dessert that even kids love.
- 6 Cups berries- Raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, boysenberries, mulberries, and pitted halved cherries are all good choices.
- 1 cup thawed Cool Whip (or make whipped cream from scratch if you feel motivated)
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1 T. orange juice
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. orange zest
- Divide the berries into 6 dessert bowls, set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Spoon mixture over the top of the berries and serve.
The mixture keeps in the fridge for 3-4 days, but once you taste it, you won’t be able to stop eating it. It’s really good.